See if you qualify to file income tax returns for free. This service offers state and federal filing with easy to use, professional vendors.
Access current year tax forms.
Access current and prior year federal tax forms.
Get forms mailed to your address.
AARP Tax Preparation Help
The checklist below includes items you MUST bring when you visit an AARP Foundation Tax-Aide preparer.
- Last year’s tax return(s)
- Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all your dependents
- Photo I.D. required for all taxpayers
- Checkbook if you want to direct deposit any refund(s)
- Spouse must be present if filing a joint return
- Receipts/canceled checks if itemizing deductions
- W-2 from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- SSA-1099 form showing the total Social Security benefits paid to you for the year, or Form RRB-1099, Tier 1 Railroad Retirement benefits
- 1099 forms reporting interest (1099-INT), dividends (1099-DIV), proceeds from sales (1099-B), as well as documentation showing the original purchase price of your sold assets
- 1099-R form if you received a pension, annuity, or IRA distribution
- 1099-Misc forms
- Information about other forms of income
- State or local income tax refund
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid
- Dependent care provider information (name, employer, ID, SSN)