Page Title goes here
600 South Washington Street Marion, Indiana 45693-1992
Phone (765) 668-2900 or Fax (765) 668-2911.
In the Beginning:
The Marion Public Library (MPL) serves the community of Marion, IN. Marion city has a total population of 31,320 - 52 percent females and 48 percent males. The median age is 36.2 years. Twenty-two percent of the population is under 18 years and 16 percent is 65 years and older.
Vision of MPL:
Mission of MPL:
The mission of the Marion Public Library is to provide public access to ideas and information for opportunities for life-long learning and development of, by, and for all persons who use library-connected resources in the library and beyond, in cooperation with other libraries, assisted by knowledgeable and friendly employees, in an appropriate environment, by authority of applicable laws, and in accordance with library board adopted policies and procedures.
As all patrons are served and helped to access desired information, materials, and services, the library will place emphasis on the following areas in accordance with community needs to accomplish its ongoing mission:
- REFERENCE: The library provides timely, accurate, and useful information for community residents.
- EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT: The library assists students of all ages in meeting educational objectives established during their formal or self-directed courses of study.
- EARLY EDUCATION: The library encourages young children to develop an interest in reading and learning through services for children, and for parents, caregivers, and children together.
- POPULAR MATERIALS: The library provides recreational print and audiovisual materials to meet a wide range of tastes and aptitudes and to reflect the diversity of the community.
- COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES: The library serves as a gathering place for community activities and meetings by providing meeting rooms and programs.
- LOCAL HISTORY AND MUSEUM: The library preserves materials and objects which tell the history of Marion and Grant County.
Mary Eckerle, Director
Debbie Kirkwood, Meeting Room Coordinator
|Jonie Riddle, Business Manager
|Sigrid Cole, Office Assistant
Library Board Members:
|Jane Cline, President
|Dr. Jeremy Case, Vice President
|Mike Cline, Secretary
|Kelly Turner, Treasurer