Can’t find the item you want in our collection? You’ve long been requesting items from other libraries using interlibrary loan. Soon you will have another way to get those same books.
Marion Public Library is joining other libraries statewide in using Statewide Remote Circulation Services or SRCS – pronounced circs. It allows patrons to get materials from other libraries.
SRCS works like interlibrary loan, only you place your request directly with a participating SRCS library. It can be faster than ILL, presuming what you want is already in Indiana, which is why we ask you to try SRCS first. MPL’s policies for using SRCS are the same as for ILL:
1. You must have a valid Marion Public Library card with no outstanding fines, fees, damages, lost materials, overdue materials, or other outstanding charges. (If this pertains to you, please visit our Circulation Desk to clear up any of these issues.)
2. Items requested must be picked up and dropped off at the Reference Desk. The due date will be on the green paper band around borrowed items, and you must keep the paper band on the items.
3. Items cannot be in the MPL collection.
4. Items must be at least 6 months old.
5. You may have a maximum of 5 items on SRCS and ILL, combined, at one time.
If you like traditional ILL or can’t find what you want at participating Indiana libraries, relax. You can still do ILL.
Questions? Call the Reference Desk at 765-668-2900, Ext. 126.
If you need to file traditional ILL, please select the appropriate form in the sidebar to make your request.